Solbian flexible marine solar panels are flexible, light, resilient and also withstand the harshest environmental conditions. Solbianflex photovoltaic modules are made using cells with a record 24% efficiency of conversion of sunlight into electricity. Solbian marine solar panels offer the highest quality flexible solar panel on the market.
Lightness and flexibility make Solbian modules particularly suited to marine and RV applications.
Three ranges are available with the main difference being the overall solar panels efficiency and physical size. The Solbian ‘SunPower’ SP Series has the highest efficiency, resulting in a physically smaller (but also more expensive) panel. The ‘All in One’ AiO Series is of identical quality and efficiency to the SP range but comes with an integrated charge controller making it very easy to quick- connect. The ‘Super Rugged’ SR Series are slightly less efficient, resulting in a physically slightly larger panel but due to it’s inbuilt metallic grids it also has the highest crack and bend tolerance.
Each range has the same output and quality, i.e a 50W panel will put out 50W regardless of the efficiency of its PV cells. The only difference is the physical size of the panel.
All Solbian flexible solar panels come with a 5 year manufacture’s guarantee.
Features of Solbian flexible solar panels:
- Designed and manufactured in Italy
- 5 year warranty againts manufacturing defects
- Most efficient flexible module on the market (highest output power from the smallest surface area)
- Flexible and lightweight (2.2 kg/m2)
- Completely waterproof and resistant to salt water
- Thin (less than 2 mm)
- Integrated bypass diodes to minimise output losses associated with partial shading
- Available with different front sheets, many fixing and electrical wiring options (special order)
- White, black or transparent back sheet (special order)
- Junction box on top or soldering wires underneath (special order)
- 316 stainless steel eyelets (optionally fitted)
- Bi-adhesive backing covering the entire back surface of the panel (special order)
- Charge higher voltage 12V, 24V, 36V or 48V batteries, lead-acid or lithium from a low voltage panel using boost charge controllers (ask us for advice)
SOLBIAN SP SERIES
The ‘SunPower’ SP series is at the top of the range, thanks to the use of selected SunPower monocrystalline silicon cells. They reach a record 24% conversion of sunlight into electricity. They also have a pleasant appearance thanks to back-contact technology which hides the electrical contacts. SunPower cells represent the most advance available technology on the market which makes the SP Solbian panels the highest efficiency flexible panels.
Click for details
SOLBIAN SR SERIES
The ‘Super Rugged’ SR series has monochrystalline PV cells that are sandwiched by two patented metallic grids. The grid on the front is carefully tailored to optimize the current harvesting, while the one behind the cell offers strong mechanical support. The grids essentially form a double shield that acts as a conducting reinforcement to the solar cell.
Click for details
With extreme crack and bend tolerance built-in the SR series panels offer a guarantee of high efficiency and unmatched durability in lightweight solar panels.
SOLBIAN ALL IN ONE SERIES
The ‘ALLinONE’ AiO series has an in-built MPPT charge controller so all you need to do is connect the output cable to your battery, making it very easy to add solar to your boat or RV.
Click for details
All the electronics you need are already packed into the rugged waterproof enclosure: a sophisticated MPPT controller capable of boosting the voltage for a perfect fit to your battery. The AiO series is made with SP cells with record 24% efficiency.
If you’re looking for more economically priced marine solar panels please take a look at the Shine Solar range.
< Back to Flexible Solar Panels